45. Ethiopian Migrants’ Saudi Hell/Anti-Gov Protests in Ethiopia
a conversation with Ethiopian journalist Zecharias Zelalem on his recent investigation into the horrific living conditions that Ethiopian migrants are living in in Saudi detention centers, as well as his overview of the recent protests in Ethiopia following the murder of popular Oromo singer Hachalu Hundessa.
41. Rendering Our Struggles Visible: Palestine, #BlackLivesMatter and Syria
I spoke with Mariam Barghouti about her growth as a Palestinian activist, #BlackLivesMatter, the Syrian revolution, trans-generational understanding and rendering our struggles visible
21. Taiwan Since the 2014 Sunflower Movement
This is a conversation with Brian Hioe, one of the founding editors of New Bloom Magazine which came out of Taiwan’s 2014 Sunflower Movement, in which Brian also participated. The topics covered in this episode are numerous which is why I really wanted to have Brian on and use his encyclopedic knowledge of Taiwan and…
11. COVID-19, Travel and Building Solidarity
This is one of those episodes that are difficult to describe because the topic is one of those currently ‘frozen’ by the Covid-19 pandemic: travel.
05. Lebanon’s Migrant Domestic Workers: Between the Coronavirus and Slavery
Banchi Yimer spoke to me about the Kafala System, the impacts of the economic crisis and the coronavirus pandemic on migrant domestic workers as well as her ongoing trauma after working in Lebanon for seven years.