This is a conversation with William C. Anderson, author of the book The Nation on No Map (AK Press 2021) and co-author of As Black as Resistance (AK Press 2018). He’s also the co-founder of Offshoot Journal and provides creative direction as a producer of the Black Autonomy Podcast.
- Long conversation on Black anarchism
- The influence of Zen Buddhism
- Seeing the world as a janitor
- Critiques of black nationalism, capitalism and liberalism
- The legacy of slavery and Reconstruction on Black people in the US
- Tensions between ‘reform’ and ‘revolution’
- The legacy of the Black Panthers Party
- Internationalism vs Intercomunalism
- Afro-futurism and Solarpunk
- A Map to the Door of No Return by Dionne Brand
- The Terms of Order: Political Science and the Myth of Leadership by Cedric J. Robinson
- Facing Reality by C.L.R. James and Grace C. Lee
The James Baldwin clip I mentioned.
Also: check out the Black Autonomy Podcast, Offshoot Journal and The Sorstre Institute.