This is a special episode with Sumaya Awad and Shireen Akram-Boshar. Sumaya’s the co-editor of the book “Palestine: A Socialist Introduction” which Shireen contributed to. Released May 20th 2021.
- Our relationship to Palestine
- What triggered the recent brutalities and broader context
- Connecting protests in Israel-Palestine with protests in the US (Black Lives Matter especially) and globally (Arab Spring, Syrian revolution etc)
- Israel’s ethnic cleansing projects
- The youth-led resistance
- Shifting narratives on Zionism and Israel in the USA
- Reviving BDS
- What progressives need to be paying attention to
- Freedom Is a Constant Struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and the Foundations of a Movement Paperback by Angela Davis
- The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein
- Islamophobia and the Politics of Empire by Deepa Kumar
- A Woman in the Crossfire: Diaries of the Syrian Revolution by Samar Yazbeck
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy
- Smiley’s People by John le Carré
- Qafr Kassem by Borhan Alaouié
- The Feeling of Being Watched by Assia Boundaoui
If you like what I do, please consider supporting this project with only 1$ a month on Patreon or on BuyMeACoffee.com. You can also do so directly on PayPal if you prefer.
Patreon is for monthly, PayPal is for one-offs and BuyMeACoffee has both options.
If you can’t donate anything, you can still support this project by sharing with your friends and leaving a review wherever you get your podcasts!
Music by Tarabeat.
Leave a Reply